Finding Me Now Learning Center Wellness
A wellness plan is a plan of action geared towards achieving personal wellness. Personal wellness implies many aspects of health and satisfaction. There are many elements to personal wellness, and each must be nurtured, developed, and maintained for optimal overall well-being. A wellness plan should take into account all of these varying parts of wellness: physical, mental, spiritual, emotional, intellectual, social, work-related, and financial.
There are many aspects of ourselves that we must evaluate when we are seeking well-rounded wellness.
- Physical wellness–health and fitness
- Nutritional wellness–how you fuel your body
- Mental wellness–how you cope with life
- Spiritual wellness–how your values affect your actions
- Emotional wellness–how you handle difficult emotions
- Cognitive wellness–how you are challenged to keep learning
- Social wellness–how you relate to others
- Occupational wellness–how fulfilled you are in your job
- Financial wellness–how you create financial stability
Moving Forward To Achieve Your Goals
- Make an honest assessment of your 9 aspects of wellness, and identify opportunities for growth.
- Set simple, achievable goals.
- Stay positive as you weave baby steps toward your goals into your daily life.
- Track your progress and celebrate your accomplishments.
- Use your support system or seek support and encouragement!
- Always review your plan and update it if necessary.
- Be kind, considerate, and honest with yourself!
- Reward yourself from time to time!
- Never forget to take care of your basic needs–self-care is necessary for you to be at your best!
Warning Signs to Look For:
- Unhealthy behaviors
- Health risks
- Feeling defeated
- More Fatigued than usual
- Thoughts of suicide
Where Can I Go for Help?
- Telemedicine from MeMD
- Call 211
- Call National suicide hotline 1-800-273-talk
- MeMD: low-cost option to receiving medical care.
- Doctor: co-pay
- Health plans: www.healthplans.com
- YMCA membership fee
- Aflac– bi-weekly premium
What Can I Do For Free?
- Find 3 things to be grateful for each day and write them down journal
- Learn something new once a week and write it down
- Once a week designate one day, not to complain about anything
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day or every other day
- Positive affirmation
- Go for longs walks, get some fresh air at least three times a week
- Do something nice for someone once a week
- Do something special for yourself at no cost
- Write down at least one positive thought per day
- Community services/Volunteer
- Free Clinic
- 30 day food diary
Benefits of Using a Wellness Plan
- Happy employees
- Productive employees
Incentives & Rewards
- Wellness Challenges: water, steps, and calories
- Health Risk Assessment: blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol
- Fitness Tracker Integration: Fitbit, wellness chart
- Wellness Education
- Rewards and Incentives: gift cards,
- Team building Activities
Mental Health and Wellness Resources
Hamilton Center, Inc.
620 8th Avenue
Terre Haute, IN 47804
Cummins Behavioral Health Systems, Inc.
6655 East U.S. 36
Avon, IN 46123
Community Hospitals of Indiana, Inc.
DBA: Gallahue Mental Health Center
6950 Hillsdale Court
Indianapolis, IN 46250
Adult and Child Mental Health Center, Inc.
8320 Madison Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46227
Aspire Indiana, Inc.
9615 E. 148th Street, Suite 1
Noblesville, IN 46060
Health & Hospital Corporation of Marion County
DBA: Eskenazi Midtown Community Mental Health Center
720 Eskenazi Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Access Phone: 317-880-8491
St. Vincent Kokomo Trinity House Behavioral Services
1907 West Sycamore Street
Kokomo, IN 46901
765-456-5900 or 800-638-7844
Community Howard Regional Health, Inc.
3500 South LaFountain
Kokomo, IN 46902
Phone (765) 453-8555
Crisis (888) 204-6242
Parkview Behavioral Health (Inpatient/Outpatient*)
St. Joseph Behavioral Health (Inpatient*/Outpatient*)
Bowen Center (Inpatient*/Outpatient) Counties: Allen, Dekalb, Kosciusko, LaGrange, Noble, Steuben
Park Center (Inpatient/Outpatient) Counties: Adams, Allen, & Wells (260) 481-2700