On My Way Pre-K at Finding Me Now
FREE Pre-k & Preschool Grants Available at Finding Me Now
On My Way Pre-K awards grants to 4 year olds from families all over Indiana so that they may have access to a high-quality pre-K program the year before they begin kindergarten. Families who receive a grant may use the grant at any approved On My Way Pre-K program, including any Finding Me Now location.
Finding Me Now wants to help you apply for the FREE on Pre-K (Marion County residents can also apply for preschool grant)! Apply online (Marion County residents) or click to Apply online for all other counties. You are also invited to come into our center, and we will help you apply on our computer.
Benefits of the On My Way Pre-K Grant
If your family qualifies for On My Way Pre-K to help prepare your child for kindergarten, there are many benefits for your family and your child:
- Only the highest quality Paths To QUALITYTM Level 3 and Level 4 programs are eligible to accept your OMWPK voucher and can help prepare your 4-year-old to be ready for kindergarten. Finding Me Now has earned the highest level of quality all locations.
- Programs are available in homes, centers, ministries and schools. Families can choose the option that works best for them.
- Family co-pays are waived during the pre-k year.
- All OMWPK vouchers are full time so your child can receive the time they need to prepare for kindergarten – even if you work or go to school part-time.
- Once you are approved, you are guaranteed a minimum of 53 weeks of funding for your child to attend the approved program you choose.
- All OMWPK programs offer family engagement activities to help you feel a part of the pre-k program decisions and learn about what is happening to your child’s pre-k day.
- OMWPK programs are required to assess your child’s progress at least at the beginning and end of the pre-k year and will keep you informed along the way.
- After the OMWPK year, your child can continue to receive high quality care with CCDF funding if you need before or after kindergarten care while you work or go to school, if your family is still eligible.
Grant recipients must:
- Live in one of the 20 pilot counties (Allen, Bartholomew, DeKalb, Delaware, Elkhart, Floyd, Grant, Harrison, Howard, Jackson, Kosciusko, Lake, Madison, Marion, Marshall, Monroe, St. Joseph, Tippecanoe, Vanderburgh and Vigo counties)
- Have an eligible child 4 but not yet 5 years old by August 1, 2019
- Parents/guardians in the household must have a service need (working, going to school, attending job training)
- Families must earn less than 127 percent of federal poverty level (FPL). FPL information is available by clicking here.
** Family applications in Allen, Jackson, Lake, Marion and Vanderburgh counties will be accepted up to 185 percent FPL; however, all families at or below 127 percent must be enrolled first before families at higher income levels will be considered.
If you have any questions, contact us at 1-888-777-7312, or click here to find your county’s On My Way contact.